RE: The importance of having technical credibility

Subject: RE: The importance of having technical credibility
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 13:08:01 -0500

Bruce...

It is for this EXACT EXACT reason that starting tonight, I'm starting
training for the MCSE certification. Some of them, just knowing that I'm
doing this has changed the way they work with me.

I don't want to be a systems engineer...I've seen what they look like around
here...and I don't want to look like that.

My NY Director of Network Engineering jokingly told me when I started here
that he never respects a Network Administrator with a full head of hair, of
which he pretty much has none.

>I've got no objection to talking to executives (they're
>the ones with the job) or to artists (they're often
>closest to my type), but I came away with a renewed
>sense of my long-held conviction: if you want to be
>taken seriously by developers and SMEs as a tech-writer,
>gain some technical expertise, and demonstrate it.

John Posada

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com