RE: SnagIt Question #2

Subject: RE: SnagIt Question #2
From: Jim Shaeffer <jims -at- spsi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 16:13:20 -0500

I too thought you were stuck capturing the full width, then I
browsed SnagIt's FAQ and saw:

<quote>
What do I do to capture only the part of the window I want?

With AutoScroll enabled, capturing a region will always extend
the entire horizontal width of the window. If you need to
select a horizontal region, there are two solutions:

Enable the Preview Window. The Preview Window supports
horizontal and vertical scrolling cropping.

Use Custom Scroll -- Input>Advanced>Custom Scroll. Custom
Scroll allows you to define a scroll area that does not
extend the entire horizontal width of the window
<end quote>

Custom Scroll lets you define a rectangle on the screen that is
less than screen width. Then, you press the down arrow on the
scrollbar (outside of that defined rectangle) and you capture
everything that scrolls through the rectangle and nothing else.
(I tested it on SnagIt's own FAQ page and it works!)

Jim Shaeffer (jims -at- spsi -dot- com)

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com