RE: RoboHTML question

Subject: RE: RoboHTML question
From: "Sue Ahrenhold" <SAhrenhold -at- IpdSolution -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 16:17:10 -0500

Remember the question:

I am importing Word documents into a RoboHelp HTML project. ...
Is there a way to layer images in an HTML file? Or do you have to perform the layering in a graphics editing program, then import the image into the HTML file?

Since I've received a request for the answer to this question, I thought I'd post it to the group.
Three very nice people took the time to answer.

Here's a summary:

>From Robin K:
>From what I know ... whenever you import a graphic into RoboHelp - and for
that matter any HTML file, each image has it's own position and I have never
managed to get images to layer on top of each other. The only way I ever did
this was by using a mouse roll-over in JavaScript which used the image ID to
replace it with another image. It may be possible to do this with your
images, but it's a lot of work.

I did this by creating mapped sections over the image. Try and right click
the lowest layer of the image and select Insert image map, you can then link
these maps to the overlaying images, making them pop-up as the mouse moves
over the image, but you won't always see your 'numbers' until the mouse
hovers over the mapped area.

On the other hand, if you have something like PaintShop pro, then as you
mention, try and import the layered images.

>From Anita Legsdin:
I don't believe HTML has the capability of layering graphics, that has
to be done in a graphics program, then the graphic imported into HTML.
The best that HTML can do for you is to display text when the user rolls
or hovers the mouse over the image.

>From Evan Martin:
As far as I know Robohelp does not support the type of layering you are referring to when importing docs.

You could do it using html layers once the file has been imported, but that would require some hand coding.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com