RoboHTML question

Subject: RoboHTML question
From: "Sue Ahrenhold" <SAhrenhold -at- IpdSolution -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 13:56:24 -0500

I'm forwarding this question for a friend who writes a mean training manual but is rather new to the world of HTML.

We have also posted this question to the eHelp lists, but are trying to cover as many bases as possible.

I would be happy to cumulate all responses, if anyone is interested.

I am importing Word documents into a RoboHelp HTML project. The Word documents are from a training manual that includes a lot of screen shots with number images layered over them. The screen shots and images, formatted in Word, are not grouped. That is because they are formatted in tables, which precludes them from being grouped.

My problem is that when RoboHelp HTML converts the word documents, the layering does not remain in tact. The numbers no longer display over the screen shots, instead they display next to the screen shots. When I try to move the numbers over the screen shots (to mimic the original Word documents), I can only move them next to the screen shot. I cannot layer them over the screen shot.

Is there a way to layer images in an HTML file? Or do you have to perform the layering in a graphics editing program, then import the image into the HTML file?

Order RoboHelp X3 today and receive a $100 mail in rebate and a FREE
WebHelp Merge Module for merging multiple Help systems on any desktop
or server. Order online today at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com