Re: Perks (was phone interview)

Subject: Re: Perks (was phone interview)
From: Jan Henning <henning -at- r-l -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 18:11:55 +0100

The difficult part is asking the real questions that you want to know,
and getting a truthful answer. If you ask, will I get the tools to do my
job, of course the answer is going to be "yes". If you ask, can I
expect to have cooperation and respect from my colleagues, the
answer will be "yes".

Maybe it would be helpful to aks the questions in a different way. For example. instead of asking whether you‘ll get the necessary tools, you could ask "Who will determine which tools I have to use? What will be the budget for tools and equipment?" Of course they can still lie to you, but it'll be harder because the answer has to be more complex.

(Off the top of my head I cannot think of a better way to ask the respect question, but then again, I'd say that the answer anyway depends as much on yourself as it does on the coworkers.)

Regards
Jan Henning

Jan Henning
ROSEMANN & LAURIDSEN GMBH
Am Schlossberg 14, D-82547 Eurasburg, Germany

Phone: +49 700 0200 0700, Fax: +49 8179 9307-12
E-Mail: henning -at- r-l -dot- de, Web: www.r-l.de

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com