Anything I need to know first?

Subject: Anything I need to know first?
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 15:46:39 -0500

here's the deal...

I'm using FM7 to create a few books for a system. We'll call the system
eGate and all the 50 or so working files are in a directory called BN.
Within this directory are subdirectories for images, OLE objects, and sub
classification of documents. eGate is a EIA application that ties multiple
systems together.

Yesterday, I was told I will be transferred to one of our branches to
document their system. Will call this system SysH. This will take 2 months.
SysH is one of the systems that eGate interfaces with.

In discussing with my boss, the "plan" is to have me move from system to
system (AS400, SAP, EXE, Web Server, and maybe 4 others), all of which ties
into eGate, and create a comprehensive document set...maybe 12-15 books
containing probably of thousands of pages.

So...my question (about time, huh?)...What is the best way to change the
name of the working directory from BN, to eGate UNDER BN so that I can
create similar subdirectories for each of the other systems without breaking
the hundreds of existing cross references and images imported by reference
so far. I'm not to concerned about moving the directory under another
one...I'm more concerned about renaming the directory from BN to eGate.

Anything I need to know?

How would you do it?.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
212-414-6656
icq: 178047452
aim: jposada1
"When you only have two minutes to do
something that takes three, wait until you have three"

Order RoboHelp X3 today and receive a $100 mail in rebate and a FREE
WebHelp Merge Module for merging multiple Help systems on any desktop
or server. Order online today at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com