Marketing Writing and Tech Writing (Was: RE: Description of Tech Writers)

Subject: Marketing Writing and Tech Writing (Was: RE: Description of Tech Writers)
From: Steven Oppenheimer <writer -at- writemaster -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:19:08 -0800

Ditto. I do tech writing and marketing writing. Also journalism, white papers, etc. I've never understood people who think that human beings can only do one narrow, specialized kind of thing.

Steve O.

Subject: RE: Description of Tech Writers
From: "Foster, Willow" <WFoster -at- friedmancorp -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 07:35:11 -0600

Anthony Davey [mailto:ant -at- ant-davey -dot- com] wrote:
~>
~> I'll take issue with the claim on the Daily Admin posting:
~> "You too can write marketing materials" and say no you can't.
~> You stick to your TW speciality and I'll stick to mine.

Uhhh... Actually I can and do, thankyouverymuch. Writing is writing is
writing. While the style is different, it's all still sitting in a chair and
pounding something out. Please do not be so bold as to tell me what I can
and cannot do.

Willow

Yeah, well, everyone gets a cranky day now and then. Today's mine.

Steve Oppenheimer
Technical & Marketing Writing
writer -at- writemaster -dot- com
www.writemaster.com