RE: Unionizing?

Subject: RE: Unionizing?
From: "Stevenson, Rebecca" <Rebecca -dot- Stevenson -at- workscape -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 14:34:57 -0500

Hm... I worked at a bookstore once that was a union shop (UAW, of all things). The only issue I had with it was the general spinelessness of most of the members -- kind of makes the whole thing pointless if you won't take a properly adversarial view of management. :-)

There are reasons unions came into existence. Whether those reasons still apply to the original cradles, or they ever applied or will apply to the high-tech industries most of us work in (per the What We Do survey a couple weeks ago), is highly debateable--and so unlikely to be resolved either way.

Rebecca
at Workscape