Warning messages: and you thought you had it tough!

Subject: Warning messages: and you thought you had it tough!
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 15:40:10 -0500

Spotted this on the copyediting-l list, and thought it might interest those
of us who have to document microwave ovens, which turn out to be far more
dangerous than one might think:
http://rabi.phys.virginia.edu/HTW//microwave_ovens.html

Scan down for information on operating the oven with the door open,
exploding superheated water, metal combustion, and other fun facts of life
with microwaves you really have to hope none of your audience ever tries.
"But your honor... the documentation didn't say that we shouldn't do it!"

Some days I'm _really_ glad I mostly document software...

580 boul. St-Jean
Pointe-Claire, Que., H9R 3J9 Canada

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a
personality, and an obnoxious one at that."--Kim Roper

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com