Taming Word's autonumbering?

Subject: Taming Word's autonumbering?
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:12:18 -0500

Jeff Hanvey reports: <<Word's Autonumbering is possessed (as most of you
know). I've never had much luck with the bu...er, feature, but my manager
has challenged me to tame the beast. I've tried the little macro that's
floated around the web (relating Word to RoboHelp's autonumber), but it
results in freakish styles.>>

The gold standard solution is currently David Knopf's description of how to
use SEQ fields combined with Word's autocorrect feature. Details available
at:
http://www.knopf.com/tips/autonumber.html

580 boul. St-Jean
Pointe-Claire, Que., H9R 3J9 Canada

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a
personality, and an obnoxious one at that."--Kim Roper

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com