Re: Description of Tech Writers

Subject: Re: Description of Tech Writers
From: "Alexander Hellemans" <hellemans -at- libero -dot- it>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 12:02:27 +0100

I'm a science/tech writer from Italy too. I just joined this list and find
this thread quite enjoyable. My office is in my apartment in Naples, which
looks out at the Vesuvius, and I keep similar office hours as Jennifer,
except I spend a good time of the day honking at people who are either color
blind or think traffic lights are a new kind of Christmas ornament. Others
seem to be expats just returned from the UK, who haven't decided yet on
which side to drive. And those on scooters and Vespas seem to drive with
their eyes tightly shut, relying on sonar like bats...

Besides that Naples is quite enjoyable, nice people, good food, excentric
restaurants, good wine with a slightly sulphurous taste (I see a few
vineyards on the slopes of the Vesuvius), good pizza, and fantastic parties
with a lot of singing by very talented people.

And of course a lot happens here, and this keeps me busy.

Alex