Re: history of tech writing

Subject: Re: history of tech writing
From: "Alexander Hellemans" <hellemans -at- libero -dot- it>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 01:28:30 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sean Hower" <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "Alexander Hellemans" <hellemans -at- libero -dot- it>; "Sean Hower"
<hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>; "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Sent: Saturday, December 07, 2002 1:24 AM

> ----------------------
> Alexander Hellemans wrote:
> A great example of early technical writing is the French Encyclopedie
edited by Denis Diderot in the 18th century.

> Not quite what I was looking for. I want an actual book that takes me
through the history of technical writing, like a history book, or some other
academic text. :-)

I don't know of any off hand, but many of the early books printed during the
15th and 16 century were in fact "technical" books, especially medicine,
mining and ores, etc. Perhaps writing a book about the history of
technical writing might be a good idea...

Alexander Hellemans

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com