Re: Description of Tech Writers

Subject: Re: Description of Tech Writers
From: "Lisa Bronson" <Lisa -dot- Bronson -at- ipaper -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 08:49:39 -0600

I have found that the simplest response when people ask what I do is, "I
write and illustrate instruction manuals." At that, a lot of people give me
a look bordering on pity and say, "Oh, that must be really boring...."

Boring? I don't find my job to be boring in the least! (Well, the two
weeks following each year's film festival are a bit of a let down, but
that's an extreme circumstance. lol) I love to learn, I love to write, I
love to use Photo Paint, AutoCAD, and SolidWorks to create graphics. I
love taping interviews with SME's and watching and/or listening to them
over and over to get the information I need. I love the new challenges I
face with each project. I love the feeling of success I get when I meet a
tight deadline. And, let's face it, I'm a geek and I just love watching
the machines run!

YES, I love my job! And I'm not afraid to admit it!

OK, time to calm down and get back to work, me. :-)

Happy Friday,
Lisa B.

~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~
Lisa Bronson
Associate Technical Writer
Evergreen Packaging Equipment
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
319-399-3239

"They say the seeds of what we will do are in all of us, but it always
seemed to me that in those who make jokes in life the seeds are covered
with better soil and with a higher grade of manure." -- Ernest Hemingway

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com