RE: DIY SF Bay Area Rate Survey

Subject: RE: DIY SF Bay Area Rate Survey
From: "Lisa Wright" <liwright -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 19:09:37 -0800

Dave,
I think your idea would provide a good alternative to the STC survey. It
would provide, for one thing, a broader set of respondents, and
hopefully more of them. One of the things I was very surprised to see
with the 2002 survey is that there were only about 400 respondents.
Given the number of STC members, I find this very disappointing. (For
myself, I know I try to make a point of filling out the survey, but I
can't remember seeing one for some time. Maybe I spaced or missed it,
maybe I didn't get it. No clue!)

I think a survey would be most useful if it were something we could do
through the TechWr-L site, though, which would require Eric and Deb
resources, and I'm not sure that's an option right now. I for one would
be happy to help in whatever way I could (I have plenty of time right
now, as I was laid off due to the recent "merger" of two very large
cable companies). Not only would doing it through the web site provide a
uniform way of submitting results, but it would also allow anonymous
identifiable salary information to be confidential.

Another resource to consider is salary.com. I haven't checked them
lately but they seemed to have pretty reliable information in the past.

Lisa