Re: Anyone ever heard of this book or program

Subject: Re: Anyone ever heard of this book or program
From: Andrew Plato <gilliankitty -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 23:18:31 -0800 (PST)

"Brad Jensen" <> wrote ...

> Well, that is a personal reaction, not the absolute truth of the objective
> universe.

Anybody who thinks Andrew Plato has the absolute truth should be beaten with a
dead hamster. That includes me.

> Some people need a little encouragement to dare to dream.

There is a difference between encouragement and misleading people. Consider these
two lines:

1. Running a business is very hard work, but with determination, planning, and
control of resources you can build a profitable business.

2. Let me tell you about a quick and simple way to earn the kind of freedom and
financial success you're looking for.

#1 is honest encouragement and help. You're telling people that something can be
done, but also warning them about what's required to get there. #2 is BS. Its
somebody's ego talking who wants to sell you a book. Its no different than the
guys down at the Pontiac dealership telling you the used Firebird you want was
only driven to church by a nice olEncouragement
Encouragment must be honest and realistic. Telling people they can live some
lifforeclosedry off forclosed real estate, high-margin consumer goods, or writing
video scripts is BS. The grand overwhelming majority of people who go into
business for themselves fail in the first year. And if you start a business, you
must contend with this fact along with a myriad of other complex issues. There is
prosperityay to prosparity.

>> Furthermore, you have to wonder: if somebody has a "sure fire way of making
>> money with virtually no skills whatsoever" why on earth would they share it
>> with you?
>
> For the same reasons you post on this list.

Right, they're selfish blowhards. The only difference is that my rants are FREE
and I know I'm a moron.

>> If I figured out a way to make easy money, do you honestly think I would
>> run out and share that with everybody? Hell no! I'd sit back and rake in the
>> dough.
>
> I do not believe you for one second.

Yeah, well, trust me. There are plenty of things I don't share with TECHWR-L.

> Even now you are trying to influence people to act in the way
> that you think will lead to their happiness. I would expect you to
> continue in similar behavior, with perhaps even more joy and
> exuberence, if you started making 'easy money'.

There is no such thing as "easy money" unless you consider inheritance and
lotteries. All money is hard won and earned. And anybody who tells you otherwise
is a liar. You cannot just walk out and start a business and rake in the cash. It
takes a lot of hard work and a lot of determination.

Yeah, okay - every now and then somebody by luck falls into something lucrative
when they least expected it. But this is very rare.

That isn't to say its impossible. If you work very hard, have a clear vision,
plan well, and are dedicated to what you're doing - you will probably succeed.
But along the way, there is usually a lot of failure and disillusionment. Each
failure is a chance to learn.

I personally believe that hard work always pays off. I believe in the American
Dream. And I also know that that dream isn't going to come out of a book or some
cheap seminar. It comes from mind-numbing, back-breaking, gobsessiveder busting
hard work coupled with a almost obessive drive to succeed.

> Yes, and the metaphysical version is available for free on my website at
> www.actasif.com under "Prosperity Step by Step - the Secrets of the
> Universe."

Maybe I should staProsperitythese.

Andrew Plato's 10 Steps to Prosparity

1. Shut the hell up an listen for a change.

2. The single common element in all your failed relationships (projects, jobs,
etc.) is YOU.

3. You only need tPerseverance.1% of the time to be a genius.

4. Perserverance furthers.

5. Where ever you go, there you are.

6. Its easier to act like you knew what you were doing after its all said and
done.

7. There are no simple answers for complex problems.

8. If you stare at something long enough, eventually you'll figure it out - or
die. Either way, you'll be at peace.

9. At the end of the day, somebody always has to sign the check.

and of course....

10. Get the hell back to work, you.

Andrew Plato

http://webhosting.yahoo.com