RE: STC Letter to the Editor

Subject: RE: STC Letter to the Editor
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 09:19:55 -0500

> No. Most readers (except other writers of course) could give
> a crap about layout and fonts. They just want data. This is
> why text files are so damn popular.

If they are "so damn popular", why do most programs give the user the option
at the end of an installation of not even bothering with the readme. It
seems that even the software mfg is acknowledging that you don't really need
what is in the text file to get the most from the application, or it would
be mandatory reading.

And we all know how many times in a day -most- users go searching for txt
files.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
212-414-6656
"Be accurate...the 4am wakeup call you prevent could be your manager's"

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com