Re: STC Letter to the Editor

Subject: Re: STC Letter to the Editor
From: guy <guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 09:11:55 -0800

Jason Willebeek-LeMair wrote:

However, most companies do not give out "demo" versions of US$75,000.00
hardware products.

Jason

A few years ago, Apple submitted the Newton online documentation to the Touchstone competition (northern California). Realizing that most judges would not be able to just run the online stuff, they sent the Newtons themselves.

Yes, I understand Touchstone returned them afterward. No, I have no idea how the entry did in the competition.

--Guy K. Haas guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com & gkhaas -at- usa -dot- net
Software Exegete in Silicon Valley

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com