Re: TOC & Chapter and Heading 1 in Word

Subject: Re: TOC & Chapter and Heading 1 in Word
From: "Nealon, Jessica" <Jessica -dot- Nealon -at- McKesson -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:52:07 -0400

Martin,

That looks like the best idea given the alternative. I had a "Doh!" moment
driving home yesterday. Did you know that, after you create a style in the
template, you cannot change the outline level? It's grayed-out on the
Paragraph dialog box.

Thanks!

"Martin Page" <mpage -at- csl -dot- co -dot- uk> wrote in message news:<172160 -at- techwr-l>...

> "If it's not broken, don't fix it"
> Rather than mess with the way the document's organised, why not use
Heading
> 4 & 5?

> "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher5 -at- cox -dot- net> wrote in message
> news:172104 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-
> >
> > At 05:31 PM 10/10/02 -0400, Nealon, Jessica wrote:
> >
> > >My questions is can I create a style that will be called by my TOC over
> H1?
> > >Or, put another way, can I modify the Outline Levels of H1 or H2 in
Word?

> > The quick answer is, if it's a style, it can
> > be assigned a level in the TOC. For the how,
> > travel with me if you dare -- thru the Insert
> > menu, to the Index & Tables option onto the
> > Table of Contents tab and past the Options
> > button. ;-) There you'll find a list of
> > all the styles available to the document and
> > a place to number their standing in the TOC.
> >
> > And if that isn't enough flexibility for you,
> > there's a checkbox to activate if you plan to enter
> > TOC entries, similar to index entries, hidden
> > throughout the doc.
> >
> > HTH!
> > -Sue Gallagher

AUTHORING TOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on the
upgrade. Offer ends 10/31/2002 (code: DTH102250).
http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com