Re:CDs for portfolios

Subject: Re:CDs for portfolios
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 12:50:32 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings!

If you're going to put your portfolio on a CD, I
suggest you get some of the very small ones out there.
The small round ones generally hold 150-200 MB, and
the "business card" types hold about 10 MB.

Here in Dallas they seem to run about 50 cents
each--but they can be put in a small sleeve and
attached to a paper version of your resume.

I also suggest Acrobat for including any electronic
documents including Web sites. You can email these as
well as have them on CD...and the "sticky notes" you
can use to point out relevant high points of your
work--how you used an innovative process to make
navigation easier, say.

Since I had the room, I also put the latest version of
the install files for the free Acrobat Reader. That
proved quite worthwhile in one instance when the
reviewer had a new computer and hadn't yet had Acrobat
installed.

David

http://faith.yahoo.com

AUTHORINGTOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on upgrades.
Offer ends Oct 31, 02 (code: DTH102250). http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com