RE: @!#$%& plain text is a pain in the ASCII

Subject: RE: @!#$%& plain text is a pain in the ASCII
From: "Smith, Martin" <martin -dot- smith -at- encorp -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:18:05 -0600

While we're on the subject of text editors, I have a recommendation of my
own.

I stumbled across an editor called Interspector after an exhaustive internet
search. I was looking for an editor with more features than TextPad or
UltraEdit. I do a lot of programming with text-based languages that lack an
integrated development environment.

The main thing I was looking for was the ability to organize source files
into a project. Especially important was the ability to store blocks of code
in modules that can be automatically substituted into the source files. I
was also looking for an editor that can be customized to support
context-sensitive highlighting for any language.

Interspector fulfills these requirements brilliantly. This program is
advertised as an HTML / XML editor but in fact supports a wide variety of
languages. It implements the ability to define and substitute in reusable
blocks of code in a feature it calls "Smart Tokens." This feature allows you
to define a block of code called a token. You can insert tokens into any of
your source files. The software automatically expands the tokens when you
save the project.

If you hand-code web sites or do a lot of work in text-based languages, this
editor can save you lots of time and make your code much easier to maintain.
The developers tell me that the next major release will support group
corroboration.

The URL in case anyone is interested is http://www.PopupSolutions.com.

Note that I have no association with PopupSolutions, other than being a
satisfied customer.

Hope someone finds this useful,

Martin R. Smith
Encorp Inc.

FrameMaker-to-PDF TimeSavers Assistants let you enhance & automate navigation
in PDF doc sets (chapter tabs, next/prev chapter/pg, bookmarks, popup menus);
create interactive PDF forms, rollover popups; presentations: http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com