RE: Drafts Debate

Subject: RE: Drafts Debate
From: "Foster, Willow" <WFoster -at- friedmancorp -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 08:38:10 -0500

Andrew T. Brooke [mailto:abrooke -at- pathcom -dot- com] wrote:
~> I agree with the idea of clearly marking the word "Draft" on
~> each page, and perhaps even adding an explanatory note at the
~> beginning stating this is a draft which may contain some
~> errors and is still being worked on.

Personally, I don't add temporary elements to my working doc other than the
word "Draft" in the footer. Come crunch time and I'm worrying about 100
other things, I'm gonna miss one. Instead, I keep a spiral notebook for
every project I'm working on and keep all my notes and question there. YMMV,
but I did once buy software that gave an error during the install that said
something like, "I know this is broken. I will fix it. Do not report it as a
bug again." Not quite the same thing, but close enough.

Willow

Enhance, optimize and automate your FrameMaker-to-PDF workflow with TimeSavers:
Define all PDF features in your source FrameMaker files ONCE, distill MANY.
Bookmark Controller, Link Controller, UnBloat & more : http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com