Re: xml/docbbok editors (was: Simplified DocBook)

Subject: Re: xml/docbbok editors (was: Simplified DocBook)
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:51:34 -0700

Chris Gooch wrote:

thanks - I'd not heard of ktexmaker2 before, it does look quite nice, but unfortunately
we're a Windoze shop these days.

I'm sorry - I didn't know. My deepest sympathies ;->

There are all sorts of XML editors in progress for Linux, although the quality is variable. And, of course, one of the weakenesses of open source projects is that far more are started than ever get finished.

Have you looked into java freeware or free software? If not, you might try. If you have, any information on the choices and their advantages or limitations would be interesting to hear.

http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield

"We are not beginners, we will not be fooled,
Time has been our teacher, and it keeps an iron rule:
We do our best work in the dark, we do our thinking on the run,
We will stay together till the longest day is done."
- OysterBand, "A Fire Is Burning"

Enhance, optimize and automate your FrameMaker-to-PDF workflow with TimeSavers:
Define all PDF features in your source FrameMaker files ONCE, distill MANY.
Bookmark Controller, Link Controller, UnBloat & more : http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com