terminology: mailable universe

Subject: terminology: mailable universe
From: "Elizabeth OShea" <Elizabeth -dot- OShea -at- emergesmart -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 12:01:07 +0100

Hi all -

I want to know if "mailable universe" is a term in general use, meaning
"people who can receive the mail that you send". It is a term a client uses,
but I can't find it in WhatIs or webopedia. I have asked the client about
it, but I haven't quite received clarification on whether or not it's their
very own special term that they made up themselves.

If anyone knows of good online resources for defining IT terms, please let
me know. I don't find webopedia or WhatIs particularly useful anymore.

Thanks.

elizabeth

elizabeth -dot- oshea -at- emergesmart -dot- com

Enhance, optimize and automate your FrameMaker-to-PDF workflow with TimeSavers:
Define all PDF features in your source FrameMaker files ONCE, distill MANY.
Bookmark Controller, Link Controller, UnBloat & more : http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com