Research Methodology

Subject: Research Methodology
From: Anthony <anthony_colello -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 12:42:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Everyone,

My ongoing operational documentation project gets more
and more complex, and I hit another snag.

The company I am working for currently has very little
operational documentation in place, no style guide or
standards for them, the docs that do exist are not
stored in any kind of repository.

My boss currently has me generating a very detailed
list of the specific process flows, diagnostic
scripts, and other items we will be documenting. These
are for a variety of applications, hardware, and
procedures showing a very high level of detail with
specific steps in performing a given process and/or
lines of communications.

As no lists currently exist of the specific functions
and/or steps for each piece of software, hardware,
etc. we are going to have to generate the list almost
completely from interviewing technical personnel. This
is the first time I have had to rely completely on the
results of interviews for the basis of a project plan.

Does anyone have some suggestions of the best types of
people to interview for this type of data and some
good questions to ask?

Thanks for the help.

- Anthony

Yahoo! News - Today's headlines
http://news.yahoo.com

Enhance, optimize and automate your FrameMaker-to-PDF workflow with TimeSavers:
Define all PDF features in your source FrameMaker files ONCE, distill MANY.
Bookmark Controller, Link Controller, UnBloat & more : http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com