Re: Document Archives/Repositories

Subject: Re: Document Archives/Repositories
From: "Lil Matthew" <lil_matthew -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 15:20:44 +0000

Keith said:

I don't know of any tools that port all that info directly into a Web
page

I use a shareware tool, Catalogue, for exactly this. It lets you choose which info to output, the type of output (I think HTML, Word, csv). The path/filenames are hyperlinks.

For Office and PDFs it can read the document properties. If you can persuade your colleagues to fill in the doc properties this is really good.

And it cost about 20 euros.

It's available here -- <http://peccatte.karefil.com/software/Catalogue/CatalogueENG.htm>

Hope this helps
Lil

Absolutely FREE! FrameMaker/Win 6 & 7 Express Customization (v3):
Quick-access buttons & keys to common functions, char tag/font drop-down
lists, charset browser, QRef guides & much more: http://www.microtype.com/2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com