Re: What's the significance of a draft

Subject: Re: What's the significance of a draft
From: Anita Legsdin <anita -dot- legsdin -at- watchmark -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 13:16:32 -0700

How I dealt with that kind of person in a previous job: deliberately put
one or two mistakes in the draft, to divert his attention. He was delighted
to catch me making an error, and I was delighted to have my manuscript
returned relatively intact. (Have I mentioned I have Scorpio--a.k.a.
devious manipulator--strong in my chart?)

On Friday, September 06, 2002 11:01 PM, Martin Page wrote:

> One charming SME I had the pleasure of working with insisted that
everything
> that reached his desk was in perfect, polished form. He'd then mark up
the
> hard copy with a red pen, adding afterthoughts and making pointless
tweaks.
> So off I'd go and make the changes, polish the draft and send it back to
> him. Out would come the red pen....

Anita Legsdin
Sr. Technical Writer
WatchMark
(425) 564-8135

"To flatter and follow others, without being flattered and followed in
turn, is but a state of half enjoyment."
--Jane Austen, Persuasion

Absolutely FREE! FrameMaker/Win 6 & 7 Express Customization (v3):
Quick-access buttons & keys to common functions, char tag/font drop-down
lists, charset browser, QRef guides & much more: http://www.microtype.com/2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com