Re: What would I do with this

Subject: Re: What would I do with this
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:01:58 -0600

I'd install it right away. On your resume.

Many companies use Crystal Reports as their reporting tool, either
in-house or bundled with their own software products. In the hands of
capable DBAs and/or developers you can get it to report on just about any
parameters of a database or a database-driven software product. The deeper
you get with it, the more doc you need (our company publishes one manual
exclusively devoted to report development).

So hang on to it, and if a gig comes along asking for it, put it on your
machine and give it a spin, so you'll know what you're talking about at
the interview.

Keith Cronin

Tech writing. Apparently only a couple of countries do it (or anything
else) well.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com