Re: Add Text to My PDF

Subject: Re: Add Text to My PDF
From: Jan Henning <henning -at- r-l -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 22:24:40 +0200

>Any opinions on the best and easiest way to add text to .pdfs?

The best (and frequently the easiest) way is to add the text to the
original document (e.g., FrameMaker or Word). This ensures that the text
is still there after the next revision - if you add it directly to the
PDF, you need to do so again after each revision.

If you want to add the text directly to the PDF, you need Acrobat (the
full version, previously known as Acrobat Exchange). Use the TouchUp
Object Tool to copy and paste a suitable piece of text and move it to the
correct location. Then edit the text as desired with the TouchUp Text Tool.

(This is how it is done in Acrobat 5; earlier versions may differ.)

You could also use the Free Text Tool, but Acrobat views text created
with that tool as notes, so it wouldn't 'really' be part of the document.
(For example, you'd have to remember to include notes when you're
printing the PDF, and then you'd get all notes.)

Hope this helps
Jan Henning

Jan Henning
ROSEMANN & LAURIDSEN GMBH
Am Schlossberg 14, D-82547 Eurasburg, Germany

Phone: +49 700 0200 0700, Fax: +49 8179 9307-12
E-Mail: henning -at- r-l -dot- de, Web: www.r-l.de

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com