RE: Permission for linking to Web sites

Subject: RE: Permission for linking to Web sites
From: "Evan Martin" <evan -dot- martin -at- garvin-allen -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 08:28:00 -0300

Bob said:
"When we talk about links, some people think all links are equal. For
example,
putting Mickey on my site will incur the wrath of the Disney Folks. They are
protective of the mouse and how it is used."

I hope that I didn't infer that you can link to ANYTHING without permission.
That sort of link is definitely different then just a hypertext link that
says "www.xxxx-yyy.com." If you are linking to anything that pulls content
directly from another site and places it on yours, then you are breaking
copyright if you don't have permission.

Evan

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com