FW: Jobs, Statehood, and Opinions Better Left Said

Subject: FW: Jobs, Statehood, and Opinions Better Left Said
From: "Thomas Eagles" <tekwriter -at- sympatico -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 02:50:01 -0400

And yet you *did* reply, eh, John?

Tech writing tie-in: it's important to know when you have written
'enough' and further iterations are pointless. Thus, I'll end my
participation in this exercise. What I find interesting is that people
are quick to take on the role of list admin to admonish people for
writing off-topic... But only do so when the thread disagrees with their
point of view. While the leftists rant against anyone who wants to keep
jobs at home (rather than piss them away to India) and the race card is
played against those who disagree with letting the jobs flow out of our
two countries (Canada and the USA), it is evident that the unemployed
don't number among those who defend letting the jobs leave.

Hey, it's one thing if *they* buy the damn software that they make. It's
another if they only take the jobs and technology transfer so they can
sell the damn stuff back to us.

We're just * s t u p i d * if we let that happen.

As Churchill once said, and I paraphrase, "If you're under 30 and a
conservative, you have no heart. If you're over 30 and a liberal, you
have no brain." And if you're an unemployed tech writer and think losing
high tech jobs to India where they make $1 an hour (or whatever it is)
is okay, then you *really* have no brain. Especially if you think that
we overpriced ourselves and that's why the jobs are going over there.

TTFN.

Tom
--Annoy the IRS: Fill out your tax form using binary

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com