RE: Like long hours?

Subject: RE: Like long hours?
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 09:01:59 -0700 (PDT)

--- jgarison -at- ide -dot- com wrote, in part:

> I've been reading this thread off an on, and it just won't die. Perhaps I
> can put a stake through its nasty little heart ...

Jim, I think you're missing the point. The argument is NOT about how many hours a
writer should be expected to work for her salary or whether 19 out of 20 writers are
slugs or whether management is exploitive.

The argument is about the argument. It's early August, which is the doldrums for
most working folk. Lots of people are on vacation, the weather has been hot and
miserable in most of the US of A (where most of the posters reside), a lot of Europe
is flat on vacation (see you in the fall), and those who are left are obviously
bored out of their skulls.

We have nothing better to do that hash out this old chestnut about whether workers
are trolls or management are ogres. The point is not to LISTEN to conflicting
argument and come to an understanding. The point is to RESPOND to an argument with
wit, wisdom, flambe, or force. The HOPE is that occasionally someone will say
something with sufficient style as to win the heart (and vote) of the French Figure
Skating Judge, who is currently looking for work.

We simply have nothing better to do--not even Andrew, who was so bored he came back
to the list--than debate how many pinheads can dance on the head of an angel. So
relax, enjoy. (Maybe you'll get a call from the Russian Mafia offering a bribe for
your vote.) <g>

=====
Tom Murrell
mailto:tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com
Personal Web Page - http://home.columbus.rr.com/murrell/index.html Last Updated 07/19/02
--The opinions expressed in this email are mine...at least I think they're mine...I'm almost positive.--

http://health.yahoo.com

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com