Re: Glad to have Andrew back / Wonder what he thinks of ISO-9000 cert ification

Subject: Re: Glad to have Andrew back / Wonder what he thinks of ISO-9000 cert ification
From: "John Fleming" <johntwrl -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 02:02:13 +0000

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002 20:41:55 EDT, while chained to a desk in the scriptorium, Tuples -at- aol -dot- com wrote:

$In a message dated 8/5/02 4:52:46 PM Mountain Standard Time, $johntwrl -at- hotmail -dot- com writes:
$
$| So, once again, I say one of the biggest bennefits of ISO 9000 is that a $| company can assure their customers and clients that the product will meet $a $| certain standard that, hopefully, meets their needs.
$| $I agree. But the problem is, what happens when one becomes certified then $forgets to maintain a system their certification seems to imply or infer?

My understanding is that ISO 9000 certification isn't a one time deal.

For a company to maintain the certification, they must undergo a regular audit of the system.

I'll have to do a little digging to get the details.

--
John Fleming
Technical Writer and SAS Programmer

Please respond to the group. My address is set to reject e-mail from senders not in my address book.

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com