Re: ISO-9000 certification

Subject: Re: ISO-9000 certification
From: Tuples -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 17:09:59 EDT

In a message dated 8/5/02 12:30:31 PM Mountain Standard Time,
sbri -at- haestad -dot- com writes:

> So, what does ISO 9000 do? Well, I worked for a company that had crap
> processes. It took feedback from departments and did nothing but provide
> lip service about the feedback. That company is ISO 9000. What does that
> mean? It means that, in part, ISO 9000 makes it harder for small
> companies to compete. ISO 9000 generates revenue for a new industry,
> "ISO 9000 compliance."

We would celebrate when our production lines achieved 70% pass rates.
Typically, we had lower rates and many, many RMA returns.

We tried lots of different ideas and all of them were more or less silly
ideas that guaranteed we would pass poorly made products into packaging. We
eventually arrived at a point where we would stop creating meaningfull
documents of any kind and no training "Because people are smart and can see
what they need to do"

I am not sure if the auditing process has changed, but I can tell you that we
always passed regardless of what we actually did.

Bob

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com