Re: About proprietary writing samples

Subject: Re: About proprietary writing samples
From: Tuples -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 15:39:35 EDT

In a message dated 8/2/02 4:39:26 AM Mountain Standard Time,
wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com writes:

> :: I am putting together a writing portfolio for some upcoming
> ::: interviews;
> ::: however, I have been informed that many of the samples are
> ::: proprietary, and
> ::: cannot be shared with other companies.

Here is a thought. We hired many people who look at docs we consider
proprietary. Some were day workers and some were part time, eventually
becomming full time.

We had outside contractors, service people, visitors and the media - none of
which sign anything. Many would wander freely and were never asked not to
tell others what they see. They had access to everything we did, it was not
protected

So, when I was asked not to use docs I wrote to obtain non-competing
freelance assignments, I was quite surprized. We freely handout materials to
people we hire as temps for study, but are warned that the info is not to be
discussed.

It would be like Palm publishing the info then adding a disclaimer to other
manufacturers not to use the info.

Any comments?

Bob

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l