RE: distiller/fonts

Subject: RE: distiller/fonts
From: Jennifer Maitland <jlm -at- kwi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 10:00:30 +0100

Thanks very much to everyone who replied to my message about distiller and
fonts - I printed out your messages and went through things one at a time.

System_Overview is the first in a series of documentation that will be
shipped with a big release at the end of August. It contains a What's New
section, an overview of the software, and, most importantly, document
conventions that I update regularily as I find the need. It occured to me
that these document conventions are in fact the only thing I'd updated in
the doc for quite some time and that the doc used to distill just fine.

The last two cells of the table that I placed all the conventions in held
two graphics that I thought lended to a little understanding of two of the
conventions. They are actually the only two graphics in this particular
document. I decided to give the document a go without the graphics - it
distilled fine.

This is great but in a way I am confused - these graphics were processed the
same way all my other graphics have been processed - captured with Snag It
and saved as bitmaps before placed into my Frame documents.

I am happy that the document distills properly, but I sure wish I knew why
it works now!!!!

Anyway, thanks again for everyone's help, it was your suggestions that made
me plough through the document a little more closely. As well, I've now got
a great bunch of resources printed out on Framemaker vs. fonts!

cheers,
Jennifer