Re: Why'd that take so long?

Subject: Re: Why'd that take so long?
From: John Posada <john -at- tdandw -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:07:25 -0700

Dick...this could backfire. At the end of the presentation, if I was
attending (not giving it), my first comment would be "You are the
professional. Part of being a professional is scheduling your work...why
HAVEN'T you developed this ability to schedule. Our job is not to schedule
it for you...that's your job..."

This is AFTER I was put in a VERY bad mood because you don't think I
understand a simple concept as a bottleneck. These are not newbies and
they've long grown out of wanting to attend a show and tell...these are
experienced people in their own right with their own ability to manage their
own bottlenecks.

IF he is a senior level writer, he should have developed the ability to
prioritize long ago....I don't know about you, but that's one of the basic
skills I include when someone asks me what's the difference between a writer
and a senior writer.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
john -at- tdandw -dot- com