Re: Side-heads in Word?

Subject: Re: Side-heads in Word?
From: "Margaret Secara" <margaret -dot- secara -at- alphather -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:29:48 -0700

Well I don't know why it's a cheat. There's really no moral issue in word processing, is there? :) It works, and it works very neatly. But the original poster seemed to want to have side heads appear in the TOC and Word's TOC won't pick up a style from within a table.

I use a 2-column table with no borders; (1.08" and 5.0") and my "side head" contains a label, where appropriate, for the paragraph next to it. It isn't a heading level, just a style called Label. All my actual TOC-type headings are outside the tables, just like figure and table captions. The tables are only for the body of the text--and for regular tables, of course.

If this is cheating, I can live with it. My conscience is clear.

Maggie Secara

>>> Beth Friedman <bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com> Tuesday, July 16, 2002 >>>

In our previous episode at 04:42 PM 7/11/02, sue_helton -at- bankone -dot- com wrote:

3. Tables. This is a bit of a cheat, but if you use a two-celled table
with invisible borders, you get the same effect.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l