Re: Side-heads in Word?

Subject: Re: Side-heads in Word?
From: "Marianne Adams" <marjaone -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 19:25:29 -0400

A simplistic method of dealing with this is to create a template
document with the various block formats you use. Make it a read-only
so you don't inadvertently edit them. Then copy and paste as needed to
the working document.<<

An even easier way is to record your commonly used tables (including block formats) as autotext in the template. I do this with table formats all the time because Word's default table format is just plain ugly. I give them obvious names, like 2-column table, 3-column table, step-action table, sidehead block, etc., and use the type-and-accept autotext feature in Word to create the tables. When I get really ambitious, I create toolbar buttons for each of the autotext entries.

Marianne

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l