RE: seating arrangements

Subject: RE: seating arrangements
From: Jennifer Maitland <jlm -at- kwi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 18:30:14 +0100

"Really? I did an 85-mile, 90-minute commute when I was first getting
into technical writing as a college intern. If I did it today, I'd
expect to be compensated for it."

This is what I've been thinking throughout reading this thread. My office
changed locations, now I have a 1 hour train commute during which I work
frantically on my laptop. Why? Because they pay me to - I bill them for the
time I'm commuting. I honestly felt I could get a decent amount of work done
on the train, and I do, so why not? Best of all, they agreed to it very
quickly - after all, they were the ones who inconvenienced me by changing
locations. I also expense my monthly train card.

Ask them if they'd be willing to do that Ola, you never know, they might
agree!

cheers,
Jennifer

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l