Hiding names on an org chart in Visio

Subject: Hiding names on an org chart in Visio
From: Genevieve Burt <gb_techwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 12:50:47 -0700 (PDT)

All,
For you Visio experts out there: how can I keep a
single, master copy of an org chart in Visio, but
toggle between hiding and showing the names on it?

I am a technical writer who writes proposals/ responds
to RFPs, and sometimes we are required to include org
charts of our company in our responses. Our prospects
don't need everyone's names though, just a general
idea of the duties we've got covered internally.

I've reviewed the Techwr-L archives AND Visio's
description of styles, layers, properties, etc., and
nothing seems to accomplish a toggle effect of
hiding/showing the names on a Visio org chart. I could
use another layer for the names--but that really isn't
efficient, since when you move the org boxes around on
one layer, the names won't move with them on the other
layer.

I also tried to apply a style to just the name part of
the org boxes (thinking I could make the font color
white for the name by editing the style, thereby
"hiding" the names as needed), but Visio only allows
one style per box. I just want to toggle names on and
off!

Lastly, I did a Google search and can't seem to find
any Visio user's groups/ listservs. None listed by
Microsoft either. I was going to spare everyone the
tool question...

Any ideas would be helpful,
Thanks,
--GB