FW: SLAVE labor? Just a darn minute...

Subject: FW: SLAVE labor? Just a darn minute...
From: Uma_Nakkeeran <Uma_Nakkeeran -at- satyam -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:42:04 +0530

<<...it is understandable for employers to...use slave labor from
overseas...>>
<<9/11 is not the problem why you are out of work. The real reason is this
country called India.>>
<<Don't refer to it as slave labor. People from India get paid what they are
worth.>>

SLAVE?
Who is a slave?
A man earning for HIS family - is he a slave?
A woman taking care of her family, doing all the chores of the house and
going for a job- is she a slave?
If that is the case, we being 'employees' to our employers - can that be
termed as slave?
I am pained to see such thoughts lingering into ones mind and the same being
published in the mailing list.
This list is meant for disseminating knowledge and not to vet out racist
feelings that is deep within.

I am sorry, I haven't followed the complete thread to understand the core
issue. But it looks like some fingers point to INDIA for being 'out of work'
for various reasons.

For such ups and downs in the market, it is just a matter of demand and
supply.

I can only empathize with those racist for, 'blaming the other' being a
normal human behavior. But they have to understand that only such comments
could trigger hostility towards the whole nation and not THAT individual.

*With Best Regards,
Uma Nakkeeran
Satyam Computer Services Ltd.,

"Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited
while imagination embraces the entire world"

is appreciated.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l