RE: Graphics copied into MS Word 2002, format/quality question

Subject: RE: Graphics copied into MS Word 2002, format/quality question
From: Jeroen Dekker <Jeroen -at- Square1 -dot- nl>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 11:12:51 +0200

EPS files are placed in Word and retained as such. Word does not convert
them to WMF internally. That is why they won't display on screen or, if the
file has a bitmap preview, a low quality raster representation of the actual
EPS vector graphics. It is also why you can only use EPS for a PostScript
workflow - Word passes the EPS straight through to the PostScript printer or
the PDF file. To non-PostScript printers, EPS files will not print, or just
the bitmap preview (so not at printer resolution).

Regards,

Jeroen Dekker
--
PS2vector - The Graphics Connection to