Warning: Metri-Mark "technical author survey"

Subject: Warning: Metri-Mark "technical author survey"
From: "Jane Carnall" <jane -dot- carnall -at- digitalbridges -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 10:56:07 +0100

In case anyone else got a copy of this surprisingly realistic "technical
author survey":

1. I did a quick google on "Metri-Mark", and they don't exist.
2. According to Rhyolite, the domain "ioxphere" is a spammer's domain.
http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/spammers.html

If I were you, I'd ignore it. Because I am me, I did.

=========
Due to some technical difficulties we are resending this email invitation.
We apologize if you have received duplicates.

Would you like to know what other writers think about the technical writing
industry including: hiring trends, the future of the profession, what
specialties have the most potential, compensation etc.? For a free report
just click the following link to our web-based survey on technical writing
and complete the short study, it will only take about 5 minutes.

Technical Writing Survey

If you have problems with the above link copy and paste the following into
your browser:

[link removed - but the domain name is "ioxphere" and Ioxphere does web
surveys and provides "data gathering software"]

The survey is being conducted by Metri-Mark, a marketing research firm
specializing in high technology industries. If you wish to be removed from
our contact list, please reply to this email and put REMOVE in the subject
line. We apologize for any inconvenience.
=========

Jane Carnall
Sam: Now, that's outrageous. There's a thousand men working here and fifty
women.
CJ: Yes, and it's the bathrobes that are outrageous.
Apologies for the long additional sig: it is added automatically and outwith
my control.

E-mail is an informal method of communication and may be subject to data corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment for which Digital Bridges Ltd will accept no liability. Therefore, it will normally be inappropriate to rely on information contained on e-mail without obtaining written confirmation.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l