Re: The Dark Ages etc - reply

Subject: Re: The Dark Ages etc - reply
From: "Mark Emson" <mt -dot- emson -at- ntlworld -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 08:18:36 +0100

"Ed Gregory" <ed -at- gregorynet -dot- net> wrote in message news:158630 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-
>I find more and more often (scarily) that my fingers don't always do what
my brain tells them to do.

I'm afraid I can't agree with this - I just re-read my last post to spot a
big slack handful of spelling errors etc etc.

Some I blame on my keyboard. It's keys can move around at an alarming speed.
Others I blame on my monitor. Whilst initially it displays what I type, it
seldom reproduces this work at a later date. Finally I blame the spell
checker. It is very good and speaks many more languages than I. However, it
never seems to use the same language that I am using, or at least not at the
same time.

I do not blame myself - I didn't spend years in industry just to fall over
at the basics of the ACB, sorry a typo, I meant ABC. :~)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joking aside, I must admit to being quite shocked at some of the stupid
errors I make when at the keyboard. Maybe going back to a pencil and paper
wouldn't be so bad?
Writing by hand does seem to be more of a crafting of words, rather than a
factory process of hammering in text as fast as you can put it on the page.
Not only do my 'mechanical' typing skills let me down but the whole
subconscious attitude to spelling, grammar and general word smithing seem to
go astray.

Mark.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l