RE: Help! Mysterious white lines in Word

Subject: RE: Help! Mysterious white lines in Word
From: "Ridder, Fred" <fred -dot- ridder -at- intel -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 13:07:45 -0400

At the risk of being publicly denounced by Steve Hudson again
as a Word ignoramus or "flamemaker", I will point out that Maggie's
solution may or may not clean up problems in headers and footers
in a multi-section document because the header and footer coding
is stored on a section-by-section basis (changing the headers and/or
footers is one of the reasons why you insert section breaks in the
first place...). If you copy and paste an entire multi-section
document, you carry over the section break symbols which have
the header/footer information embedded in them, and you may
bring the problems along. If you have a multi-section document,
the surest approach is to do the copy and paste one section at a
time, being careful not to copy the end-of-section mark the same
way you avoid copying the final paragraph mark. With this one
modification, the procedure Maggie suggests really can clear
up a lot of minor corruptions that can accumulate in a document
as you work with it over time. It has saved my bacon dozens of
times over the years.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder (fred -dot- ridder -at- intel -dot- com)
Staff Information Services Analyst
Intel Converged Communications, Inc.
Parsippany, NJ