RE: Help with Word templates and "conversion"

Subject: RE: Help with Word templates and "conversion"
From: "Steve Hudson" <cruddy -at- optushome -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 19:10:36 +1000

Whichever you go, you need a batch process. This means that either tool is
as suitable as the old. Unfortunately the flamemaker user who replied
obviously has no idea about how word works or they wouldn't have made the
stupid statement they did.

I challenge them to provide as easy a solution in as few words. Quite
frankly, we all know that's impossible. General Advice: "Every successful
person I have known has stuck to what they are good at".

Manual method: Load every document, use Tools > Templates and Add-ins to
change the base template. Tick update styles, save, reload, untick update
styles.

Automatic Method <Laughs at Flamemaker users>

Goto http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/index.html

click the VBA button, go down to files and folders. That section provides
the macro for loading a bunch of files in batch.

Now, do what I told you to do as a manual process and record it as a macro.
Insert this into the first macro and you have a fully automated solution.

If you want hand-holding during this process, you are more than welcome to
use my live advice line.

PS: Fair dinkum.

I have just about had it with posts that go like

"I am trying to use Flamemaker to do this - help please."

and someone replies "You should use Word instead"

This helps NOBODY. Comprende?

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic, Sydney, Australia
Email: heretic -at- tdfa -dot- com Blog: www.tdfa.com/blog/blog.htm
Live Advice: http://www.keen.com/The+Word+Heretic
You agree by writing to me personally that any material can be reused
publicly unless you explicitly disclaim it.