RE: MA in English or engineering classes?

Subject: RE: MA in English or engineering classes?
From: "Lisa Wright" <liwright -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 21:48:23 -0700

Christine,
I think you kind of answered your own question: how many job ads have
you seen requesting an MA in English? (I'm assuming you're talking an MA
in English Lit.) From a purely practical perspective, the engineering
degree would probably be the better option. Especially with only a year
of experience, some technical knowledge could push you ahead of other
candidates. From reports on this list, you'd experience a similar
benefit if you had some medical/pharmaceutical background.

Good luck with whichever path you choose!

Lisa