Re: Q&A format

Subject: Re: Q&A format
From: Aahz <aahz -at- pythoncraft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 20:33:35 -0400

On Tue, May 28, 2002, "Laura Winkelspecht" wrote:

> I am working with an instructional designer to develop insurance
> open enrollment materials for our company. I had started to develop
> a standard document with organized headings, etc. She said that
> this would be better as a Q&A because it's easier for people to
> understand. I think it would be unorganized, and it would make writing
> it harder (I am not as familiar with this type of documentation).
>
> Presentation is important because, as is happening everywhere, our
> insurance rates are going up. I am not an expert, so I thought I would
> see what you all thought.

Geoff Hart's response is a good one. For examples, both good and bad, I
suggest that you go to Google and search on "FAQ" combined with whatever
subject terms interest you. You'll find a variety of Q&A format
documents that you can use to guide you.
--
Aahz (aahz -at- pythoncraft -dot- com) <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"In the end, outside of spy agencies, people are far too trusting and
willing to help." --Ira Winkler

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l