Re: FWD: question about contracting w/o agencies

Subject: Re: FWD: question about contracting w/o agencies
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 08:57:52 -0700 (PDT)

I didn't get the impression that Anonymous wanted to go into business. My
impression was that she was taking one of those try out contracts that
companies like to offer. They'll try you out, and if they like you (and are on
the up and up) they'll offer you a permanent position (is that an oxymoron
these days?).

I'd like to offer something else to consider in the negotiation for this
position. Health care is obviously (and rightly) a concern of Anon's. I would
suggest that Anon be willing to negotiate a smaller hourly/weekly or whatever
fee in return for being added to the organization's health plan. Recognize that
they will incur a cost and work with them to lower your rate to meet them (at
least part way). Especially if they are serious about the contract leading to
PFT status, they should be interested in working with you on this.

After all, you aren't looking to go into business for yourself.

=====
Tom Murrell
mailto:tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com
Personal Web Page - http://home.columbus.rr.com/murrell/index.html Last Updated 03/14/02
--The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.--

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l