Re: Flushing out unused styles in Word 97

Subject: Re: Flushing out unused styles in Word 97
From: Janet Myers <myers032 -at- tc -dot- umn -dot- edu>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 11:32:44 -0500

Michael asked

> Is there any way, beyond the obvious, to flush out unwanted/ unused styles
> from a template created using Word 97.

I'm now using Word XP, but believe you can do the same thing in '97:
Display the Styles Organizer (in XP, this is under Tools>Templates and Add-ins,
in '97, I think it's a button on the Format Styles dialog),
In the left column, display Styles available in this Document,
Select all the styles (ctrl-click each name) you want to delete
Click Delete.

As noted in other posts, you won't be able to delete any styles that have Word
default names.

You can also use the Organizer to copy styles from another document or template
by displaying styles in the right column, highlighting those you want, and
clicking Copy. If styles in the right-hand doc have the same name as those in
the original doc, they'll write over the original styles.

Janet Myers

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l